What I’m reading: NYFW 2016 moves all eyes to the consumer
It is that time of year again – some of us love it and some of us hate it, but secretly we all cannot wait for the next season to come so we can have a go at some of the trends that hit runways.
With NYFW just beginning, designers are going all out with the show productions this year. Shifting the focus from the runway extravagance to ensuring their collections are seen from by everyone. Designers are focusing on the buy now aspect of the shows, allowing consumers and influencers to immediately purchase the styles from the Spring 2017 runway, instead of leaving them waiting for months on end. This idea has been considered before by brands like Banana Republic and J. Crew, however, this year more designers are having a go at buy now allowing people from all over to have a piece of NYFW, without having to trek to NYC.
Life Hack: De-Puff Tired Eyes Instantly
Some weeks are tougher than others, and nothing screams “I am running on caffeine today” quite like puffy eyes. Unfortunately, this is also not so easy to cover up with makeup as we would hope. So to help de-puff the eyes here is 5 at-home solutions to get you looking well-rested and flawless in no time!
- Give yourself a massage: Gently press and massage around your eyes for a few minutes. This helps drain the liquid buildup that is causing the puffiness, while also feeling great in the am.
- Freeze a spoon: If this is a frequent worry of yours, toss a few spoons in the freezer to keep them cool and handy when you need them. Pull them out the freezer and place them curve side down on your eyelids as you get a few more minutes of rest.
- Brew some tea (bags): Grab some caffeinated green tea bags and brew them, toss them in the fridge to cool down (for about 20 minutes) then place them on your eyelids for 10 minutes – as you catch a few more zzz’s.
- Crack some eggs: Fancy eggs for breakfast? Take a bit of the egg whites and spread it under your eye (careful to avoid the lashline). Once it is dry, gently wipe it off.
- Grab the ice: Dunk your face in ice cold water, and keep it in there as long as you can. Repeat for a few times, until you are feeling awake and ready to take on the day!
If you still can’t seem to look like Katy Perry’s Wide Awake, then grab a Venti coffee before heading to the office and roll with the “I am on limited sleep” look.
People doing good: When ‘Donuts with Dad’ takes a turn
Being a single parent is a challenge in itself, and sometimes when events come up specifically focusing on the relationship between your child and the other parent – you can’t help but want to do something so they aren’t missing out. That is exactly what Yevette did when her son’s school hosted a ‘Donuts with Dad’ day.
Instead of letting her son sit the event out, and miss out on some delicious donuts, she did what any mom would have done in the situation and pulled out her best “dad” look to sit down with the others. Bringing a smile to her son’s face and the other parents, Yevette was happy to see her son having a great time.
Have a great weekend! Nudy Patooty xx