Here’s to another Friday (and the best part about Friday’s – the weekend!)
What I’m reading: Business Lunches gets Dining Etiquette rules
We have all gone on business lunches, and I’m sure at some point you had to stop yourself from doing something, as you know moments later you would regret it! To make sure you don’t lose a deal or miss out on a great opportunity, Business Insider has put together a list of rules so you can impress the team with your dining etiquette.
- Before taking a seat, make sure to shake hands with everyone at the table.
- Remain standing until the host sits, after which you can take your seat with the rest of the guests.
- Once everyone is seated, take your napkin and place it on your lap.
- When it comes time to order, don’t ask the waiter for a full run down of the menu, and follow the hosts’ flow of ordering. If they order an appetizer, follow suit, if not, skip.
- When choosing your meal, opt for easy to eat foods, and don’t get experimental with your order.
- This one you would think is obvious, but don’t not eat! This will leave an impression on the host.
Life changer hack: Bringing the Yoga Deskside at Work
Most of us spend our days sitting at a desk, with the odd short trip around the office to finish a task. After hours and hours on end of sitting in the same chair, shifting around to find a comfortable position we long for movement and stretches, but want to without drawing a mass of attention to ourselves.
Thankfully deskside yoga has become a thing, with simple stretches and moves you can do in your chair while others will think you are just sitting in your chair like normal.
- Cobra Head: Neck and Spine Circles – leaning from side to side while slowly rotating your neck.
- Seated Cat-Cow: While seated in your chair, slowly push your chest out, arching your back and exhale then inhale and round your back, dropping your head.
- Desk Twist: Sitting up straight, hold on to the back of your chair and twist to the side with your upper body, holding the stretch for a count of 10. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Seated Pigeon: While seated, rest your ankle on the opposite knee. Inhale and exhale, as you exhale, lean your body forward onto your legs. Hold for a count of 5.
What’s getting all the attention: Nudy Patooty starts Pinning
Nudy Patooty has joined the world of inspiration, creative brainstorming and business planning. Come join us on Pinterest for inspiration on just about everything – fashion, cooking, motivation, health and do it yourself projects!
We have been working on a creative project for our fans on Pinterest, with exclusive giveaways and fashion tips on how to wear everyone’s favourite fashion item! Can you guess what it is?
People doing good: Trudeau Expresses his Case for Gender Equality
HeforShe recently had their second-anniversary event, with speakers from all over showing their support and sharing their actions towards making gender equality a global reality.
When Justin Trudeau showed up as a surprise speaker, he shared his reasons and expressed his dedication to the gender equality, and “gave a powerful speech about feminism and explained why men are integral in the fight for gender equality.” Huffington Post. As we continue to make slow progress in society with gender equality, Trudeau shared his concern on the fact that Men do not see their distinct role in the matter, and that both Men and Women need to take action together, to get gender equality to happen.
As we continue to hear about inspirational speeches and movements taking place around the world for gender equality, we have to remember that with gender equality, we are making a better community for everyone. We are creating a more inspiring community for younger generations to grow up in, and we are showing support for both men and women of all ages. The more we continue to do and say about gender equality, the better the world and society is becoming.
On that note! Happy Friday
Nudy Patooty xxx